SAM Mouse Turbo
This interface (made by Velesoft) works with any modern USB or PS/2 mouse. The SAM Mouse Turbo is fully compatible with the original SAMCo Mouse, both in standard and extended modes.
- quadruple move recognition speed (high speed mode)
- third button support
- left/right button swapping
- led diode - mouse software support detection
- inhibit switch
- cursor joystick port for cursor and CNTRL keys emulation
- simultaneous use of cursor keys and mouse (data collision correction)
- extra features toggle on the fourth mouse button
- extra - original/extended mode - switch (2014 version)
- five buttons support (extended mode - 2014 version)
- axis data read correction (2014 version)
- wheel support (extended mode - 2014 version)
SAM Mouse Turbo 2014 technical details
Any mouse with the PS/2 protocol, 5 buttons and a wheel is supported. Firmware of the interface is based on the standard SAMCo Mouse communication. 10 values should be read from the port #FFFE.
The original SAMCo Mouse uses big counters for X and Y axis with a 12bit value (2048 steps). Now are counters reduced to 8bit as in the Kempston Mouse for the ZX Spectrum. High 4 bits are unused and only hw-emulated for a backward compatibility.
Communication protocol01 keyboard state
02 keyboard state
03 mouse buttons (5 bits)
04 X-axis counter (high 4 bits)
05 X-axis counter (middle 4 bits)
06 X-axis counter (low 4 bits)
07 Y-axis counter (high 4 bits)
08 Y-axis counter (middle 4 bits)
09 Y-axis counter (low 4 bits)
10 mouse wheel counter (5 bit value)
Mouse wheel dataD0 = log.1 - wheel move - UP or DOWN
D1 = log.0 if detected wheel UP
D2 = log.0 if detected wheel UP
D3 = log.0 if detected wheel DOWN
D4 = log.0 if detected wheel DOWN
Cheapo MouseThe C64 mouse is, with some limitations, interfaced as the SAMCo Mouse.
Serial PC Mouse
Some games were also patched for an old PC mouse connected through the Coupé´s RS-232 interface. Otherwise you can connect this mouse via the serial mouse IF.